Experiential tourism activities that arise require minimal time in the Colca 3 days and 2 nights are basically the following:
7:00 a.m.: Travel from the city of Arequipa to Cabanaconde, paved road and a short stretch affirmed. The trip takes about 6 hours to reach the village of Cabanaconde.
On the way two stops will be made:
First stop: rural school Pampas Tocra above 4000 masl
- Exchange of educational experiences with children from high Andean rural schools.
- Interaction and exchange of experiences.
- Delivery of memories to the children of the rural school (used toys, books, desks, magazines, clothes, etc..) - Pictures of landscape environment
Second stop Mirador Volcanoes:
- Where a panoramic view of the Cordillera de Chila will have a beautiful view of the Ampato (6,288 m, where the Juanita mummy or lady Ampato was discovered), Sabancaya (5.976m), Hualca Hualca (6,288 m) and glaciers volcanoes: Misti (5,825 m), Chachani (6,075 m) and the Misti (5,597 m).
- Building apachetas, "small standing stone columns" as Apu and appreciation to Mother Nature having a memory of the visit of the hikers.
- Observation of the Flora and Fauna around the road to Chivay.
- Observation and differentiation of South American camelids: llamas, alpacas and vicuna.
Arrival to Chivay town at approximately 1:00 pm and stop to enjoy lunch.
Continuation to Cabanaconde along the way will appreciate the pre Inca terraces Choquetico lito mockups, and tombs.
Arrive at hotel Kunturwassi *** in the afternoon.
After accommodation in rooms; at 7 pm dinner will be served restorative.
NOTE: In the afternoon of the first day we will have a space of 2-3 hours off about, for which we propose the institution (teachers) who can apply a game with pedagogical strategy; the same as possible on the way to Cabanaconde or after Arrival at Hotel. The alternatives that we suggest are:
- Assemble a Herbarium
- Visit to the various churches in town on the way to Cabanaconde highlight the interest of the history and types of construction.
- Others may suggest and tell teachers what they need to be providing.
Second day -. Visit THE COLCA farm
Breakfast at hotel Kunturwassi 7 to 8 am.
8:30 am -. Heading to THE COLCA FARM and arrival at 9am.
The program will have a duration of 7 hours including lunch time
When you visit the farm, hikers will soar to our roots and move away from technological stunning big cities, where people live in excessive dependence on technology, integrating the nature and practice habits, picking the farming tools to prepare the land and sow as our ancestors did thousands of years ago, and as a sign of fellowship with the environment a tree or a flower, that will endure as a testimony of friendship between two peoples and cultures be sown.
- Visit the facility and viewpoints of the farm where the landscapes of Colca Colca Canyon (the deepest in the world) was observed.
- The visit to the farm will be a recreational activity, by interaction with pets such as guinea pigs and rabbits, poultry, alpacas, ponies, group games, workshops, guided by our hosts, matching games and workshops according to age or the degree of training of the hikers.
- A Bio-ecological garden where hikers will learn while fun (learning through play), highlighting the benefits of consumption and production of food grown in a responsible and healthy visit. The main objectives of organic farming are obtaining healthy foods, higher sustainable procedures, making the soil fertility is maintained and the environment is respected. All this in a sustainable and balanced way.
- Identification and differentiation of high Andean native varieties of products such as potatoes, corn, quinoa, beans, peas, among others.
- With the cooperation of trekkers, and vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, some aromatic plants, strawberries) and flowering plants were planted to attract beneficial insects (bees) that provides much help in the garden.
- A lunch for hikers, they will offer soups and beverages made with organically produced ingredients native place, as Pope, quinoa, oca, beans, corn, also some vegetables that will be harvested directly by hikers.
- After lunch we will tour the viewpoints is to spot and take pictures of birds and especially the majestic condor in flight.
- Finally he will attend a ritual of Payment § ¨ Earth (offering to the tutelary Apus)
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm Lunch fellowship developed based on organic local produce.
- 3:00 - 4:00 pm Participation in the ceremony Payment to the Earth, recalling ancient rituals of thanksgiving for the goods received from Mother Nature
- 4:00 pm -. Return to hotel Free afternoon -. Optional visit craft shops in Cabanaconde.
- 7:00 pm, Dinner at the Restaurant of Hotel Kunturwassi.
- At approximately 8:00 pm, around a campfire host hotel will present stories, legends of the place; hikers intervene with their own anecdotes and stories. There will be quiz and the winners free tickets KUNTUR WASSI hotel and restaurant THE COLCA FARM will be drawn.
- 10:00 pm Break.
- Breakfast 7:00 to 8:00 a.m..
- Photo session with typical dress of Cabanaconde
- Heading back to Arequipa 9:00 a.m..
- Visit to the hot springs.
- Lunch in the village of Chivay.
- Arrival in Arequipa averaging 5:00 pm. Approx.
|TYPICAL ATTIRE (DANZA WITITI)||CHILDREN CABANACONDE|
|CRUZ DEL CONDOR||VIEW ROAD TO CHIVAY|
|KUNTUR WASSI HOTEL||INTERIOR KUNTUR WASSI HOTEL|
|Schedules||From 9:00 am to 4:00 pm|
|Season||From April to December, any day of the week, excluding holidays and subject to availability.|
|Quantity||Reservations will be accepted at least 20 participants and a maximum of 40 participants including students, tutors and parents.|
|Freed:||For every 20 students 02 released for every 40 students and 04 released; aimed at teachers and / or parents.|
|Punctuality:||Punctuality is very important. In case of late arrival, the office hours will not be extended and the program will be adjusted to more interesting games and workshops according to age and level of education.|
It is forbidden to bring food and drinks on THE COLCA FARM.
Spaces make paintings, graffiti in the hotel
|Snacks or lunch||Lunch the second day of stay is considered within the package and will be served in the facility THE COLCA FARM.|
|Reservations:||With three months' notice and by paying at least 50% of the cost of the budget and the signature of the respective service contract. The remaining 50% will be canceled 72 hours before your arrival date. Discussions or information involve no reservations by phone. Reservations are only through the online response to the contract|
|Cost per participant:||S/.399.40|
Hotel accommodation KUNTUR WASSI *** (2 nights)
02 Lunches in Chivay (first day and third day)
01 Lunch at restaurant La Granja del Colca
02 Dinners Hotel Kunturwassi
Ceremony Payment to the Earth
Students Tourist Ticket
Entrance to the thermal baths
Join facilities Farm
Assisted by guides and hosts for the educational workshops.
Mapping Tillage Implements for field workshops.
Issue IGV tax.
Note that in the case of the hikers arrive air to the airport of Arequipa, mobility will meet you at the airport
Food and drinks out of the program.
Accident insurance in FARM -. (Optional).
Budget based on 20 persons (SOLES)
|4||Packed in Chivay (02) lunch at the farm (01)|
|5||Dinners Kunturwassi Hotel (2)|
|6||Kunturwassi Hotel Accommodation (2)|
|8||Ceremony payment to land|
|9||Total direct costs|
|10||Total without tax||330.00|
|13||Tourist ticket students||5.00|
|14||Join the Calera||5.00|
|15||TOTAL PACKAGE PRICE with VAT||399.40|
For every 10 participants will be released to a parent or teacher based on shared room.
Normal Price S / 139.00
The Kunturwassi *** hotel and The Colca Farm restaurant invite you to visit and enjoy unforgettable moments in the Colca Canyon.
HOTEL KUNTUR WASSI MORE EXCLUSIVE LUNCH IN RESTAURANT "THE FARM THE COLCA".
01 nights hotel accommodation Kunturwassi ***
01 Breakfast KUNTUR WASSI ***
01 lunch in THE COLCA FARM
- Booked your accommodation in Arequipa with a super discount: Check.
- SIf you extend your stay, we offer 50% discount: ask about availability.
- Prepare your trip to "The Cave Canyon."
Price per person in a shared room and tourist menu.
Does not include 18% VAT
KUNTUR WASSI AND THE COLCA FARM AWAIT YOU…….
Hikers often do not take the time to stay in Cabanaconde and directly down the barrel. We offer an affordable and quality service.
THE COLCA FARM is located near the viewpoint LA CRUZ DEL CONDOR. This required starting point is just 5 minutes by car and 30 mins walk. To enter with motor vehicle, the paved road towards Cabanaconde, to about 9.5 km below. From this point part a dirt road 1.5 Km, for light vehicles, but limited to large buses. THE COLCA FARM has ample parking for over 30 vehicles.
Pedestrian access from the KM. 9.5 of the main highway, takes the dirt road, the walk takes about 15 minutes. From the viewpoint of the CRUZ DEL CONDOR is achieved by following a footpath that runs along the edge of the canyon with beautiful scenery and through farmland, the walk takes about 45 minutes.
SERVICES OFFERED BY THE COLCA FARM TO VISITORS BACK PACKERS
Free access and security on site. Reception 7: 00 am to 9:00 pm
Food and beverage services at affordable prices.
Facilities toilets and showers with hot water.
tent rental for 2 to 4 people.
Telephone communication with all parts of the world.
Foreign Currency Exchange.
Sales of packaged food for hiking
Charging batteries for cameras, flashlights, cell.
Great for bird watching and the flight of the condor Lookouts.
Maps various tourist routes and local routes Peru trekking.
Orientation and tour reservation land and air passages.
watching majestic canyon Lookouts correctly, the network of trekking routes, the string of villages, bird watching and the flight of the condor.
Ceremony land payment for groups over 30 people.
Streaming football matches during the 2014 world championship.
Weather THE COLCA FARM is sunny and warm during the day, with temperatures of 18-25 ° c. However during evenings and nights the temperature drops to 58 to 3 ° c. During the months of January to March is rainy and cloudy. From April to December is dry and sunny with vivid blue sky.
SEASONAL AND HOURS
Attention is continuously provides all weekdays and during 9 months of the year, from April to December. The months of January, February, March the establishment is closed for maintenance. Office hours daily starting at 6:00 am and ends at 8:00 pm.
Double or opportunity to observe the condors in flight: the hours of the morning and afternoon. Condors begin their flight at Cruz del Condor at approximately 8:30 to 10:00 a.m., after flying very low rise spiral to miss. The same is space condors fly THE COLCA FARM at the same time. The second opportunity is when the condors fly back to their nests. Spend space THE COLCA FARM at grazing flyby. Visitors the opportunity to appreciate the condors during the morning flight were lost, have the opportunity to photograph them in the afternoon, approximately between 4-5 pm.
o No need to make prior reservations and camping is unlimited space, you'll always find welcome.
Their routes or trek into the depths of the canyon, you can start from the premises of the farm, saving several hours in the fall.
Settling in or THE COLCA FARM, will maximize their adventure tours and comparatively good rates.
or Zoom in the breeding of domestic animals: poultry, guinea pigs, rabbits, horses, camels, horses, cows, among others.
or pay attention to food and beverage services by qualified personnel
o To move to Arequipa or to Cabanaconde has the facilities of public buses that pass by the main highway.
or Wildlife Areas, full nature, away from the urban environment noise nuisance. Relaxing picnics
or Naturalists as birders have the best chance to discover the lives of many wild animals including mammals and birds.
or experiential tourism, ancestral participation in agricultural activities. Ceremony payment to earth.
or watching the sky and constellations at night. You will know the constellation of the Southern Cross (The Chacana). Watching the sun rising and setting sun..
|TRANSPORT||OUTPUT TERMINAL AREQUIPA||ARRIVAL CABANACONDE||OUTPUT CABANACONDE - AREQUIPA||ARRIVAL AREQUIPA||COMMENTS|
|Solo retorna a Chivay 8:00 p.m.||The bus arrives at Cabanaconde ago, returns to Arequipa.|
|Departure times every day.|
|Trébol||04:00 p.m||10:00 p.m||12:30 p.m||06:30 a.m.||Departure time|
|Buses turísticos||03:00 a.m||9:00 a.m||09:00 a.m.||04:00 p.m.||There are 3 tour companies all companies have the same schedules|
|TRANSPORT||OUTPUT TERMINAL CHIVAY||ARRIVAL PUNO||COMMENTS|
|Company Turística 4 AM Express.||1 :00 pm||7:30 pm||The same bus makes return. Includes: Tourist Service Guide (English - Spanish, 3 stops, bottled water and snack)|
The only alternative to travel directly from Cabanaconde towards to coast, without returning to Arequipa via Huambo and reaching the plains of Majes-Pedregal. Buses are intraday.
Note: The track is motorized trail, so it is not advisable to do this route.
|TRANSPORT||OUTPUT TERMINAL CHIVAY||ARRIVAL PUNO||COMMENTS|
|Andalucia||1 :00 pm||7:30 pm|
|Bus del Pedregal|
|Price for camping space||S/.5.00 per person|
|Price space and carp||S/.15.00 per person|
|Price of accommodation in rooms, includes breakfast||S/.38.00|
|Price of breakfast||S/. 8.00|
First Day: Arequipa – Cabanaconde
BENEATH THE CONDOR, HIKE
3 days and 2 nights
7:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m. The tour starts with private mobility picking up all the passengers from their respective hotels.
Summary of the tour
On the way we will appreciate the spectacular Volcanoes of Misti (5825 m.s.n.m) and Chachani (6057 m.s.n.m.). Once on the pampa we will traverse the national reserve “Salinas y Aguada Blanca”, a special place where they protect many plant species like the tola and yareta, and from where one can appreciate the Vicuña in its natural habitat.
Next comes Tocrapampa, a perfect place to appreciate herds of South American domesticated animals like the Llama and Alpaca. Also one can observe exotic birds such as: flamingos, ducks, ibis, falcons, eagles, and many others.
The tour will make a stop in Patapampa, the highest part of the route at 4,850 m., known as the Viewpoint of the Andes, from where you can appreciate the incredible volcanoes of Hualca Hualca, Ampato, Mismi, Chachani, Misti, Sabancaya, and Chucura.
11:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m.- Continuing with the trip we start our decent into Chivay, (3650 m.s.n.m.) the capital of the province and the access point to the Colca Valley. In this town our tour will pause in order to enjoy a flavorful lunch. After our short rest period and a visit of the city, we will continue the journey down the left-hand margin of the Colca River, with the final destination of Cabanaconde. In the process of the trip we will visit several different Colcan towns like Yanque, Maca, and Pinchollo, whose inhabitants are decedents of pre-Incan cultures.
6:00 p.m. arrival in Cabanaconde , with accommodations in the Kuntur Wassi Hotel where we will enjoy a refreshing dinner. Free Night.
Second Day: Trekking to the Oasis
07:00 a.m. American Breakfast in the hotel followed by departure for Sangalle (Oasis).
This hike takes us to the depths of the Colca Canyon by means of a trail that descends in zigzag fashion until arriving at the Oasis. During the hike down we will be able to appreciate different geological formations, small canyon towns, and the abundant wild plant life.
Sangalle is a small oasis with an elevation of 1,900 meters above sea level. Here the visitor is welcomed by the beautiful palm trees while enjoying the many different swimming pools, it is in this beautiful spot that we will have our Box Lunch.
In the afternoon we will start the hike back up to Cabanaconde on the same trail. This hike up will take around 3 hours.
Arrival in Cabanaconde and dinner.
Third Day: Cabanaconde - Arequipa
6:30 a.m. After breakfast in the hotel, with will go the “Cruz del Condor”, here we will be able to observe the depths and beauty of the deepest canyon in the world. Also, here, you will enjoy the imposing beauty of nature and you will observe the emblem of the Colca, the Condor.
We will return to Chivay visiting the different towns and viewpoints in the region of Pinchollo, the viewpoint of Antahuilque, where you can observe pre-Incan tombs, pre-Incan agriculture terraces and learn of the dominion of agriculture that our ancestors possessed. We will also pass through other Colcan towns like Maca and Yanque.
In Chivay relaxing moments await us in the hot springs of the “Calera”. After this refreshing break, you will enjoy an appetizing meal at a nearby restaurant.
3:00 p.m. departure to the City of Arequipa, arriving at final destination around 18:30 p.m.
Minimum # IN USD
DE 2 – 3: PAX 551.00
DE 4 – 6: PAX 417.00
DE 7 – 9: PAX 371.00
DE 10 - MÁS: 320.00
Base Price in Shared bedroom